The Fund Development Manager will play an integral role in the success of program expansion and relationship management. Central to the success of this position will be planning and executing annual corporate and individual fundraising campaigns, writing proposals for funding to corporate foundations, private foundations, other grant opportunities, planning fundraising events, as well as strong and frequent interaction to maintain and build strong relationships with our expanding portfolio of corporate partners. This position reports to the Chief Executive Officer.
About Adopt A Class
Adopt A Class connects businesses and civic groups with students in our economically challenged schools. By pairing teams with individual classrooms, our adult mentors expose the students to a breadth of experiences and training to be job and career ready. We envision a Greater Cincinnati where all students have access to caring adults who expose them to a breadth of life and career experiences so they can unleash their full potential.
Essential Job Responsibilities
• Prospect and secure local corporate sponsorships and individual donations.
• Develop profiles on corporate partners to create plans to secure financial support.
• Play an active role in individual donor stewardship to promote and sustain the relationships on which philanthropic gifts are based.
• Develop grant proposals for funding consideration.
• Works with staff and committees to coordinate successful fundraising events
• Provides timely donor gift acknowledgements
• Other duties as assigned, including occasional evening or weekend events.
• Manages account of schools and all stakeholder relationships including mentor teams, teachers and administration
• Attend school visits to ensure high-quality programming is being maintained and feedback is provided.
• Seeks out and attends partnership meetings when applicable to foster a relationship between AAC and other organizations.
• Tracks, monitors and reports progress using CRM system (Salesforce). Maintains accuracy of the database by documenting key touchpoints with contacts and accurately entering and tracking prospects.
Qualifications and Skillsets:
• Excellent verbal and non-verbal communication skills
• Ability to successfully interface with all stakeholders including new volunteers
• Proven expertise and excitement for building and maintaining positive relationships with diverse individuals.
• Ability to handle multiple project assignments and adapt to changing priorities in a fast-paced, result-oriented environment
• Self-motivated and detail-oriented
• Strong organization and collaborative skills
• Honest, dependable, and responds quickly to inquiries
• Must embrace and support the mission and work of Adopt A Class
• Experience with CRM Software (specifically Salesforce)
• Bachelor’s degree with 2-5 plus years of experience in fund development
• Has a personal vehicle, valid driver’s license and current insurance
• Ability to obtain a Cincinnati Public Schools ID, background check required
• Salary range is $48K-$52K
• Mileage reimbursement
• Cell phone and internet stipend
• Simple IRA with employer match
• Health insurance with employer participation
• Employer paid Life Insurance
• Flexible work schedule and environment
• Permissive leave PTO policy
• Annual Professional Development opportunities
Reports To: Chief Executive Officer Job Type: Full-Time
Apply: Email cover letter and resume to Sonya Fultz at [email protected]
Adopt A Class is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, age, national origin, ethnic, background, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
Adopt A Class, 4030 Smith Road, Suite 200, Cincinnati, Ohio 45209