Materials: Links to assist: I am Human
- Mentors will begin by sharing with the students that they will be given the following sentence starter: ‘I am…’
- Mentors will explain that students are to share something about themselves…it can be anything. ‘I am 10’, ‘I am happy’, ‘I am the youngest in my family’, etc. Mentors, you will share, as well. They may not want to share out, so the chat feature will be helpful here.
- . The goal is for each mentor and student to share something about themselves so that the others listening can feel a level of connection with that person.
- When you have finished sharing, show students the above linked read aloud: I Am Human (it is short – only two and a half minutes!)
- Let students know that they will be learning about that big word – Empathy – in the lesson you will transition to next.
Download activity here