• 4 cups
• baking soda
• candy corn
• recording sheets
1. Have each student guess what will happen when the candy corn is put in each solution. Have them document their thoughts on the worksheet below.
2. Fill a cup with water and add 1/2 tablespoon of salt
3. Fill a second cup with water and add a tablespoon of baking soda.
4. Fill a third cup with water and add a couple tablespoons of vinegar.
5. Fill a forth cup with only water.
6. Add a piece of candy corn to each cup.
7. Observe and record the results.
Download this activity here!