MLK Day Choose-A-Quote Discussion
- 25-30 copies of the MLK Jr. Quotes (attached)
- Writing Utensil
- Have students break up into groups of 4 with one adopter per group
- Give each student a copy of the MLK Jr. Quotes
- Have students take a few minutes to read through the quotes and choose one that they relate to write down
- Give students about 5-10 minutes to write down how they relate to the quote they chose/what it means to them
- Spend remaining time sharing amongst the small groups what the quote means to them.
Talking Points: Why do these quotes resonate with you so much? How can MLK Jr.’s words relate our world today? Are they still relevant/powerful?
Download activity here