- One pack of construction paper
- Ziploc bags to hold each groups’ sentence fragments
- 10 sentence fragments (to go into the Ziploc bags; see attached fragments or create your own!) per group
- Glue sticks – 1 per group
- Printout of the sentence fragments below.
- Students will be broken into groups of 3-4 and will spread out in the classroom to find a good space to work
- Mentors will pass out one Ziploc of fragments, one piece of construction paper, and one glue stick to each group
- The students will read their fragments and work to create a sentence that they will glue, in sentence format, onto the construction paper
- When all students have finished, they will stand and read their sentence to their peers
Download the activity here.