Marketing Intern (Spring 2019)
Adopt A Class (AAC) is seeking a Marketing Intern who can help tell and amplify the Adopt A Class story across many communication channels.AAC is a Cincinnati based non-profit, for-impact organization dedicated to connecting businesses and civic groups with students in our economically challenged schools. Our volunteers bring engaging and educational group activities to their mentee classroom once a month. We imagine a Greater Cincinnati where all students have access to mentors who expose them to a breadth of life and career experiences so they can unleash their full potential.
Objective: The Marketing Intern will be responsible for assisting the organization in the development and implementation of its marketing and public relations plans.
Reports To: COO
Hours: 10-15 hours / week (up to 60% remote)
Compensation: $10/hr through Scripps Howard Internship Program
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Social Media Management: Builds upon and implement current strategy to continue increased engagement on all platforms.
- Content Creation: Draft blogs, social media posts, email newsletters, annual report, press releases, videos, and other assets to promote brand and program.
- Record Keeping: Assists in the management of Salesforce (customer management system) and document notes during team meetings.
- Event Coordination Support: Participates in the planning and execution of Adopt A Class signature events.
- Account Support: Assists team in providing a meaningful experience for all volunteers, including attending school visits, participating in Adopt A Class events, etc.
- Completed or working towards a college degree in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, or Graphic Design.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Social Media, specifically Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter
- Strong and effective communicator (verbal and written)
- Craves continuous development and learning
- Data-driven and is curious about how data can be used in decision making
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Honest, dependable, and responds quickly to inquiries
- Background in graphic design, web development and video creation is a plus
- Experience with management tools like Salesforce, Buffer, Constant Contact
- Experience with Adobe product suite especially InDesign, Muse, Photoshop, and Dreamweaver
Apply: Email cover letter and resume to Marie Rusincovitch, COO, [email protected]
Adopt A Class is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, age, national origin, ethnic, background, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.