Marketing & Communications Manager
Adopt A Class (AAC) is sparking change in the lives of young people, adults and businesses in Greater Cincinnati. A group mentoring non-profit, for-impact organization, AAC connects businesses and civic groups to students in high poverty schools, exposing them to caring adults, careers they can aspire to and experiences to prepare them for life. At the same time, AAC enhances workplace culture by providing participating businesses with an excellent employee engagement and team building opportunity.
AAC is seeking a Marketing and Communication Manager who will take the AAC brand to the next level. This position serves as a member of the leadership team and is responsible for leading the strategic development and execution of all marketing, public relations, and promotional campaigns to continue to build and optimize AAC’s mission, brand and organizational goals.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about addressing the issue of childhood poverty, access to education and is excited to work with diverse populations and groups. Additionally, s/he will be nimble and flexible with the ability to take on responsibilities not limited to those listed in the job description.
Reports To: Chief Operating Officer Employee Status: Full-Time
Primary Responsibilities Include But Are Not Limited To:
- Overseeing the overall external AAC’s brand experience and provide leadership, direction and guidance, on engagement strategies.
- Leading marketing strategy to develop, manage, and execute creative, results-driven marketing campaigns that fit AAC’s strategic objectives.
- Cultivating interpersonal relationships with partners and influencers to further marketing efforts.
- Managing the creation, distribution, and maintenance of all print and electronic materials, including e-newsletters, e-blasts, social media, website, fundraising campaigns, annual report, event communications, presentations, speeches, and more.
- Bringing in and managing major accounts.
- Collaborating with Marketing Committee & Technology Committee Chairs to lead and convene each committee quarterly.
- Overseeing internship program and supervising interns.
- Working with leadership to identify and win media and thought-leadership opportunities.
- Staying informed of developments in the fields of marketing, communications, public relations, not-for-profits and mentoring to contribute to the organization’s initiative and innovation.
- Bachelor’s degree
- A minimum of five years of related experience including some management of staff
- Creative, effective and strategic communicator and public speaker (verbal, written and visual)
- Ability to work strategically to improve upon current processes
- Demonstrated knowledge and skill in computer applications and online platforms relevant to this position, i.e. Adobe Suite, Facebook, WordPress, MS Office, etc.
- Goal oriented with a high level of energy, enthusiasm and dedication to the mission
- Ability to handle multiple projects at a time, meet deadlines and respond quickly to inquiries
- Willingness to jump in where and as needed; someone with a “can do” attitude
- Maintain the highest standards of ethical conduct and practice in day to day interaction
- Must possess a valid state driver’s license, insurance and functioning vehicle.
- Ability to obtain a Cincinnati Public Schools Id, background check required
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications or a similar field.
- Experience with management tools like Salesforce, Hootsuite, and Constant Contact
- Flexible schedules available and some teleworking
- Paid vacation, sick days, and paid holidays
- Monthly phone and internet stipend
- Mileage reimbursement
- Matching retirement plan
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness available for those who qualify
Apply: Email cover letter and resume to Marie Rusincovitch, COO, [email protected]
Adopt A Class is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, age, national origin, ethnic, background, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.