- 6 large containers of baking soda
- 4-6 bottles of white conditioner (Pantene works well!)
- One large bowl per group (likely 6-7)
- One spoon per group
- One plate for each student
- ½ cup measuring scoop x 3
- 1 cup measuring scoop x 3
- Vinegar (optional)
- In table groups of 4-5 kids, pass out 1 spoon, 1 bowl, 4-5 plates, 1 package of baking soda, and one bottle of conditioner. Students may share measuring cups.
- Pour 3 cups of baking soda and 1 cup of white conditioner into the bowl
- Sitr to combine.
- Encourage conversation as the mixing is happening; allow students to use their hands.
- After snow is combined, portion bits out onto plates for each student to observe and play with
- Encourage students to use describing words to describe the snow and its properties
** Talking Points: Why does the snow feel cold? What would be some fun things to add to the snow to make it look even cooler? What other ingredients could possibly be mixed together to create snow?
** Extension: Add vinegar…what happens??
Download this activity here