Roy G. Biv Scavenger Hunt and Share
Materials: Links to assist: How is Rainbow Formed? ; Rainbow Fish Read Aloud ; Books to assist: The Rainbow Fish
- Mentors will explain to the students that they are going to be sharing their favorite items with the group. They must answer why it is their favorite item and what made them choose to share it. Please also explain to the students that they will then be allowed to call on two friends to ask them some follow up questions
- Mentor number 1 will demonstrate: “This is my favorite coffee mug. I chose it because I really like the shape and that it says, ‘World’s Best Dad’. I wanted to share it with you all because I use it every day and I think it’s really special. Does anyone have any questions?”
- Students will raise their hands to ask a follow up question: “Mr. Smith, who bought you that coffee mug?” etc.
- Continue on until all students who have shared have done so – not all students have to share if they do not feel comfortable doing so.
- Remind students about the importance of being a good and respectful listener during this time
Download activity here