MLK Day Mobile
- Template form with writing prompts
- Writing utensils
- Blue construction paper
- Glue sticks
- Hole punch
- MLK Day one-page overview to read at the start of the lesson
- Students will complete this work at their desks
- Students will fill out the writing prompts
- Adopters will pass out one sheet of blue paper, one glue stick, one pair of scissors and 3 pieces of yarn to each child
- After students complete their prompts, they will cut them into cloud shapes to paste onto their blue paper, also cut into a cloud shape. (Some students may need assistance with this)
- After their cloud shapes are cut, they will create a header cloud (“My Dreams”); Their dream clouds will be attached via yarn to their header cloud creating a mobile!
- Adopters can go around and punch holes – one into the bottom of the header cloud and one into the tops of each of their three dream clouds.
- Students can attach their dream clouds to their header clouds using the yarn provided. Ta-da! Mobile!
Talking Points: How can we work to make our dreams come true? How did MLK work to make our world a better place? How can we do the same?
Download activity here