Looking Inward, Projecting Outward
- 12 X 18 Construction paper (8 x 12 if not available)
- Picture handout included
steps 1 & 2 may need to be pre-done depending on the size of your group and their age.)
- Cut out shield.
- Across the top, have the student write his/her name
- Using the picture handout talk about different things they like and are good at doing (talents).
- Color the pictures that fit their likes and talents.
- Cut them out and glue them to the shield.
- At the end, ask the children to describe what their shield represents.
Optional : To encourage movement, have a parade around the room or school
proudly holding their shields in front of them, displaying their likes and talents.
Download this activity here.