“A Pile of Junk!” (STEAM, Life Skills)
- Task Cards (1 task card per group of 3-4 students, every group will have a different task card)
- 1 plastic bin with a pile of junk per group
- 1 Rubric per student
** Begin the activity time by talking with the whole group about the importance of thinking critically and creatively. Explain that each of you will work in a group of 3 or 4 and be given a task to create something using a pile of junk in the time allotted. When finished each student will fill in the rubric.
- Students will work in groups of 3-4 with one mentor.
- Each student will receive one rubric and a container/box of junk.
- Mentor will read the task card and inform the students to be creative in their design.
- After the task is finished each student will fill out the rubric.
Download activity here